Education Level: University, minimum 3rd year completed
Location(s): Pickering, ON
Number of Position(s): 1
Deadline to Apply: June 2, 2019
BE THE GENERATION to challenge and change.
At Ontario Power Generation (OPG), our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about us that don’t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship. We operate a diverse portfolio of generation assets including nuclear, hydroelectric, biomass and solar, and offer challenging and unique work opportunities. BE THE GENERATION to power tomorrow.
(OPG) is excited to offer one (1) student opportunity in our Integrated Operations Planning Department in Pickering, Ontario. This is a 4 monthsstudent placement commencing in September 2019.
All students applying for student positions at OPG must meet the below eligibility:
- Enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution.
- Have a minimum average of 70% cumulative GPA.
- Returning to full-time studies in the same program following the completion of the work term OR requiring the work term or co-op placement to graduate.
- Modify/ recreate access databases used for Required Reading process.
- Optimize Excel based Plant status control tracking system or convert to Access.
- Sharepoint Web and team site administration.
- Support Fleet Operations in centralizing data stores.
- Modify and create reports in Power BI.
- Minimum completion of 3rd year at a University specializing in Information Technology.
Preference may be given to the candidate who has the following skills and qualifications:
- Database creation and maintenance (proficiency in Access, Excel, SQL).
- Visual Basic.
- Good Oral and Written skills.
- Self Starter.
This job will provide you with the following professional development:
- Working in a Centre-Led multi-site business.
- Exposure to Nuclear Fleet Operations business unit.
- Implementing Improvements across multiple sites with distinct needs (negotiation/ conflict resolution/ crucial conversations).
The successful candidate will exhibit uncompromising integrity and commitment to upholding corporate values, and the OPG Code of Business Conduct.
As Ontario’s largest clean energy generator, OPG offers an exciting combination of challenging opportunities and career diversity in a work environment where safety is a fundamental value. Being an OPG employee means you can apply your knowledge, broaden your skills and make a valuable contribution to an organization that is vital to Ontario’s success.
At OPG, our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about our organization that don’t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship.
Here’s why OPG might just be the ideal workplace for you:
- Exceptional range of opportunities province-wide
- Long-term career growth and development opportunities
- Electricity is vital to the province
If you are looking to learn from others and be part of something important, and you are excited about the future of power generation, you will find the right fit at OPG.
Our Promise To You
- We care about the safety and the well-being of our employees. It is our utmost priority.
- A supportive work environment where you can be your best every day.
- Opportunities to stretch and develop in our diverse lines of business.
- Provide spaces for innovative thinking and solutions, such as Launchpad or X-Lab.
- Offer different ways for you to give back to communities where we operate.
- We support employment equity and diversity.
Please submit your application online at by 11:59 PM E.S.T., June 2, 2019. It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online and through their school’s own portal, if applicable. In addition students must include a copy of their unofficial transcript and must be eligible to work in Canada. OPG thanks all those who apply; however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
OPG is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require accommodation during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made.
If you require information in a format that is accessible to you, please contact
Construction,Oil & Energy,Financial Services