Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) is now accepting applications from qualified candidates for its 2019 Entrepreneurial Training Program. Apply to join the next cohort of aspiring Pan-African tech entrepreneurs for a 1-year training program, access to global mentors, and the chance to receive seed funding. The deadline for submission of applications for the MEST Africa’s Entrepreneurial Training Program is 8th February, 2019.
The Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) offers graduate-level entrepreneurial training in business, communications and software development, including extensive hands-on project work, culminating in a Final Pitch and the chance to receive seed funding.
The year-long training programme provides Entrepreneurs-in-Training (EITs) with MBA-level entrepreneurship training in business, software development and communications.
While diving deep into fundamental business and technology concepts, EITs complete 3 Capstones per year – they form teams, come up with an idea, build and validate a product, attain customers and pitch the idea in front of our board.
The year culminates in a final exam in the form of an investor pitch, after which some companies will receive seed funding and enter the MEST Incubator.
Please ensure the following:
- Recruitment locations: Final recruitment takes place in Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa and Cote d’Ivoire.
- Honesty is the best policy: All participants must provide personal information that is true and accurate.
- 100% Commitment: Accepted candidates must be able to commit to spending a year in Accra, Ghana at the MEST training program starting August.
- Fully funded program: The MEST program is fully funded, including free tuition, room and board, 3 meals per day and a small monthly stipend.
- A deep passion for starting a software company
- Entrepreneurial or corporate work experience
- A degree from a top University or Technical College (or equivalent experience)
- Application Period: Applications open in the 3rd Quarter of each year and close in March the following year
- Invitation: Qualified applicants will receive an invitation for a telephone interview with a member of the MEST team.
- Screening: Applicants who pass the telephone screening will be invited to take an online aptitude test.
- Interview Process: In-person group and individual interviews take place in South Africa in February; and in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and Cote d’Ivoire in May each year.
- Offers: Offers are sent out by the end of May each year.
- Beginning of training: Training starts in August each year.